The idea of turning 30 scares some people really badly. However I’ve had a look online and here are what some people who have actually turned think…
Michael Moniz said this:
Some people dread turning the big 3-0. I am not one of them. Maybe it is because I do not spend my time dwelling on the perceived bad things that come with 30. Instead I choose to look at all the great things that come with turning 30. It helps me to embrace 30 instead of dread it.
Here are my 30 reasons why turning 30 rocks:
1. I get to check a new age group box on forms.
2. I get to say, “I remember when I was in my 20s”.
3. It is a milestone birthday.
4. It is more exciting to say “I am 30″ than “I am 29 or 31″
5. More exciting to blog for a week about your 30th birthday.
6. I get 10 years to prepare for turning 40.
7. I get to take the time to look at a new vision for my 30s.
8. I have stopped trying to find myself and started creating myself.
9. I get to start anew in my new age range.
10. I have great experiences from my past and so now I get to add new ones!
11. I can celebrate BIG for this birthday.
12. I have years to get use to being called sir.
13. When I get carded it is a compliment instead of them not thinking I am old enough.
14. All the life lessons I learned in my 20s, I can now apply to my life.
15. Don’t have to worry about being 30 because I just AM.
16. Get to read all the self help books about surviving your 30’s and nod in agreement with them.
17. Do not have to do it alone since many of my friends and my niece are turning 30 with me.
18. A major birthday like 30 means better presents!
19. If I have learn nothing else from Desperate Housewives, 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20.
20. People naturally take you more seriously when you are in your 30s.
21. You get to smile when people can not believe you are 30.
22. No longer have to struggle to be an adult because you have years of practice.
23. 5 more years and I can be president.
24. Instead of stressing about acne, I can stress about wrinkles and white hair.
25. When I was younger 30 was OLD, now I feel 30 is young.
26. Don’t I wait for Santa to bring me a wii, I can go get my own.
27. I maybe turning 30 but I will still always be the youngest in my family.
28. Turning 30 makes you appreciate your 20’s and look forward to your 40s.
29. There is only on option to not turning 30, that is death. I say, “Welcome 30!”
30. Like the Christina song, “Keeps Getting Better”
Another website I looked at had an entire discussion on turning 30, here are a few snippets:
“My boyfriend has just turned 30 and he was told that 30 is the best age - you're still young, fit and have your looks but you also have wisdom, experience and more secure in yourself to enjoy it. Don't think of it as a huge change in your life... will you feel any different the day before your 30th to the day after? The answer is probably not. Just see it as another day!”
You lucky thing, your 30s rock - I know, I've just turned 39 and it was the best decade of my life. In your 30s you are old enough to do exactly whatever you want, you have the confidence to finally stop worrying about what everyone thinks of you and the world is your oyster! Also, think about the alternative - not turning 30, would you rather die at 29?
I am fast approaching 32 and I have to say I have never felt better, I am happier than ever and now have the confidence and wisdom to change things around me if I'm not happy with. All I can say is ENJOY!!
So now we have established that turning thirty really isn’t that bad… now shouldn’t we look at the type of gifts to get a 30 year old?
Thousands of ceramic mugs are given in the UK every year as gifts on birthdays and other special occasions. But just what makes mugs so popular? Well, we all love our cups of tea and coffee, everyone needs a decent collection, and they certainly don't cost the earth, so they're great for anyone on a budget. They've also become something of a novelty over the years in this country with the many thousands of designs and anecdotes that can be printed on them. Now that you can use your imagination and creativity and personalise them with names and messages, they make fabulous 30th birthday gifts.
There are plenty of other gifts that you can give but personalised gifts add that special touch, especially at such a sensitive age!
Date posted: 25/11/2009