Create Your Own Personalised Wine Glass
Today, I was browsing the web and I came across a really cool idea to create your own personalised wine glass.
If you are creative and fancy doing this at home, then please follow the tips below:
What you will need:
A single wine glass, or set of cheap wine glasses from a homeware shop.
A set of sticky letters
A pot of etching paint for glass
How To Design Your Own Wine Glass At Home
1. Add the sticky letters writing the gift recipient's name to the outside of the glass. Ensure they are well stuck onto to the wine glass. You can add a message using some more sticky letters to the other side of the glass if you want too, depending on how you want your completed personalised wine glass
2. The next step is to generously covering the whole of the wine glass or set of wine glasses with the etching paint. Make sure the paint covers the glass as thickly as possible to get best results. A useful tip would be to make sure that you do not go over the letters with the etching paint, otherwise the outline of the letters will not show up when you peel the stickers off later on.
3. You need to leave the etching paint on for approximately 7 minutes. Once the 7 minutes are over, rinse the glass under the warmish water of the tap and use a paper towel to get any of the excess paint off. I would suggest going for a second round to create a really great finish.
4. Once you have done this, all that is left for you to do is to remove the stickers that you attached at the beginning.
5. If you want to finish your personalised wine glass
off really nicely, you could add a ribbon to the glass or present it with a bottle of wine – it is a fun, create your own gift idea that will not break the bank!
Designing your own wine glass at home is great if you are creative, however if you are not so creative then why not buy a personalised wine glass
online; where you can choose the type of wine glass, write your message and then have it professionally engraved onto the wine glass for you? If this is more your idea of personalised wine glasses, then pick your own personalised wine glass
online to add your message onto, have it presented in a gift box and save yourself the hassle of creating a mess at home!!
Date posted: 24/01/2012