All You Need To Know About Chianti Classico
You may know the region of Tuscany in Italy, as one of the most popular holidaying regions. The region is not only famous for the Tuscan hills, the culture occupying its major cities, which include major cities, such as Florence, Pisa and Sienna. This Italian region is also particularly famous for many painters who were born, raised or lived in the area. The artists include Leonardo Di Vinci, Botticelli and Michelangelo. Not only is Tuscany famous for holidaying, architecture and art, it is also very renowned for the wine produced there, which includes Chianti Classico
Chianti Classico Facts
1.The controlled production of Chianti goes all the way back to the year, 1716, when the Grand Duke of Tuscany established the boundaries of the production area, which was 70,000 hectares between Florence and Sienna.
2. Chianti wines always have a black cockerel trade mark around the neck of the bottle, which differentiates it from other wines. The black cockerel also signifies that the wine has been made to an excellent standard. Chianti also has a DOC classification, which is the highest distinction achievable for an Italian wine.
3. Chianti Classico is made most often from Sangiovese grapes. However, Sangiovese is also sometimes blended with merlot, cabernet and Canaiolo as well to create a wonderful red wine. Most of the time, the wine juice is left to age in oak barrels, allowing the wine to develop and complex flavours to build up. In general, Chianti Classico is a ruby red wine when still at a young age, but this colour intensifies and becomes more garnet coloured as it ages.
4. Chianti Classico is an Italian wine is suitable to be kept in the cellar to mature and bring out a more deep and complex wine with time.
5. Chianti Classico Tasting Notes: The deep red Italian wine has flavours reminiscent of fruity cherries and other flavoursome red fruits. You will also pick up hints of violet and spice both on the palate and the nose too.
6. Food Matching: Chianti Classico goes wonderfully with pasta dishes that are rich in tomatoes or cheese, this red Italian wine also complements cheese in general too.
Chianti Classico Gifts
Want to give a Chianti Classico wine gift that you can buy online? If so, give Chianti Classico Wine and Gifts
which you can buy at WineGifts4U. You can choose from engraved wine, which allows you to add your message onto the front of a bottle of Chianti Classico. If you are looking for an even more affordable wine gift, why not add your message onto a personalised label with personalised Chianti Classico? For standard bottles of the wine, choose from a single 75cl bottle, or a case of 6 x 75cl bottles of Chianti Classico and add a gift card for free to complete your wine gift. For ready-to-go gift sets, why not give one of our Chianti Classico wine sets?
Date posted: 11/01/2012